Some days I like to listen to motivational speakers because I crave change in my life, my marriage, my business and probably in myself.
Do you ever have days like that?
Today was one of those days when I needed extra encouragement and inspiration, so I listened to one of my favorite speakers, Ty Schenzel.
Ty was my husband’s best friend and a very entertaining communicator. Sadly, two years ago Ty and his wife Terri were killed in a horrific car accident, but thanks to technology we can still learn from their wisdom.
Ty was an out-of-the-box person who did crazy things that most people would never do. One time he was working out at the gym and he noticed a guy who was in excellent physical shape. Ty walked up to him and shamelessly announced: “Your body is my goal!”
First of all: WHO DOES THAT? LOL
Secondly, the buff guy had an interesting response to Ty’s compliment. He said: “Anybody can have a body like mine if they put all the hard work that I put into it.”
Wow! Was he saying being in great shape doesn’t just happen – that it actually requires work? YES! Of course!
And guess what? Great daycares are no different. They don’t ‘just happen’ either. They are a lot of work.
We all want awesome daycares, but are we willing to do what it takes to build them?
Are we willing to stay committed and not quit when things get hard? Are we willing to put in extra effort – even when the results are not immediate? Are we willing to push ourselves harder in order to get where we want to be?
Just like the buff guy who had to work out every day, eat healthy and make daily choices in order to achieve his goal, we also must make daily choices in order to achieve our goal – a successful daycare.
So, how do we do it? I am glad you asked. Here’s your answer:
10 BEST TIPS FOR DAYCARE PROVIDERS
1. Put time and effort into building your business. Things don’t happen on their own.
This includes: decorating, organizing, creating schedules and routines, teaching, cooking, cleaning, establishing healthy boundaries, disciplining, effective communicating and making changes that will improve your business to be exactly what YOU want it to be.
2. Respect yourself first, if you want daycare families to respect you.
3. Stay committed and dedicated, even when things are challenging.
4. Be professional and responsible, so you can be trusted.
5. Be kind yet firm. You’ve got this!
6. Don’t be afraid of conflict, but approach it with class and maturity.
7. Stand up for yourself when needed. Confidence is key.
8. Be fair and don’t play favorites.
9. Stay focused on your goals, so you know where you are going and what you want to accomplish. You will get there.
10. Don’t forget to rest and take breaks. Schedule your time-off and put it on the calendar. Yes, it’s that important for your physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
This is easier than you think.
All you have to do is START! Don’t overthink it or make excuses. Don’t wait for a perfect time, as there is no such a thing. Start today.
Commit to the process, be patient with yourself and enjoy a successful daycare business that you are proud of…
You’ve got this.