My husband and I were driving by the bank one day, talking about investing when I thought to myself, “Are You Investing In Your daycare?” I thought of These “7 Steps To Invest In Your Daycare.” Then I forgot about them as we went all over town for the day.
When I got home, I knew I needed to write them down, they were THAT GOOD. 🙂
Here’s a list of 7 things that you can do to invest in your daycare business, so it can grow, make money and run smoothly:
- Put time and energy into your business by creating an in-home daycare that you are proud of. This includes decorating, organizing and daily cleaning.
- Advertise. Don’t sit around and wait for clients to show up at your door. Be loud about your business and find ways to let people know your daycare exists. Social media is your best friend, especially Facebook. This is how you’ll grow.
- Write down your ideal number of kids and stick to it. Search for kids to enroll into your program until you reach your ideal number and find the right mix of children and parents to work with. Yes, it is possible but it will take time to get there.
- Don’t get lazy. Create a schedule and a routine that works best for your program. You want your daycare to be fun and educational plus you want your days to go by quickly. No room for boredom.
- Never stop learning. Attend classes, seminars, conferences, read books, blogs and other materials that will help you grow and improve. Yes, this is important.
- Don’t compare yourself to other daycare providers, but focus on YOUR business and the unique qualities you have to offer. Remember, you are FABULOUS.
- Rest. This is a no brainer. You need a break from being surrounded by kids every single day. You will be more successful when you are relaxed and less stressed. This may include a little get away, weekly bubble baths, going out to eat, working out at a gym or binge watching Netflix with pizza and ice cream because some of us are allergic to working out. Oh, and let’s not forget: shopping is great therapy.
Aren’t these great and doable? Trust me, within time investing in your business will become a natural part of your daily routine and you will be able to make necessary changes to help your business grow and be less demanding.
You’ve got this!
Until next time,